How's the horns?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

stainlessbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How's the horns?

Post by stainlessbrown »

I'm looking at getting this, but want it predominantly for brass and woodwinds (horn section, big band)- The samples on the MOTU site are very nice, but they all tend to be fully orchestrated or a string ensemble.

Anybody have thoughts on this for my purposes? Can anyone direct me to some samples?

Thanks
MacPro 8core, 10MB, 4.5 TB, RME Fireface800, Presonus D8, JBL LSR4326P, Oz HM-6, Presonus HP60, Prism MMA-4XR, Bellari, ART, Altec Lansing, TC Helicon, BBE, 002R, PTLE 8.0, Reaper, Tascam TSR8, Hammond M3, Rhodes 88, Korg, Yamaha, too many guitars, and more mics than I need, and a bunch of plug-ins that seemed a good idea at the time
dcoscina

How's the horns?

Post by dcoscina »

What library??
Mac Pro 2.66 ghz w. 15 gb RAM, DP 7.24, Kurzweil PC3x, MOTU 2408Mk3, Symphobia 1&2, LASS, VSL VI/VE Pro,MOTU Mach5.3, SI & Ethno 1, Omnisphere, Trilian, CineBrass, Albion, tons more...
stainlessbrown

Re: How's the horns?

Post by stainlessbrown »

as you have Symphonic- what do you think of the brass and sac/clarinets?

what library??? no you got me asking!
MacPro 8core, 10MB, 4.5 TB, RME Fireface800, Presonus D8, JBL LSR4326P, Oz HM-6, Presonus HP60, Prism MMA-4XR, Bellari, ART, Altec Lansing, TC Helicon, BBE, 002R, PTLE 8.0, Reaper, Tascam TSR8, Hammond M3, Rhodes 88, Korg, Yamaha, too many guitars, and more mics than I need, and a bunch of plug-ins that seemed a good idea at the time
fullertime

How's the horns?

Post by fullertime »

If you are referring to MSI, I would say that the brass is the weakest part of the library.

The strings are great, simple and CPU friendly. Pianos are pretty good too.
FULLER - Raleigh/Durham, NC

"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."
--------------------
MacPro 3gHz 8-Core 16 GRam// OS 10.7.5 // ApogeePSX 100 // MOTU896 // MOTU Audio Express // DP8.01 //
stainlessbrown

Re: How's the horns?

Post by stainlessbrown »

Thanks- that's the input I was looking for- I've got believable sounding strings and piano... and I have a 5 keyboards... 3 old "vintage" farts

I need believable horns....