DP7.2 and symphonic instrument

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

rbacus
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP7.2 and symphonic instrument

Post by rbacus »

I have been a long time DP user and just recently upgraded to version 7.2. I have a client who has been using the VSL (orchestral library) as well as sonic implants orchestral library via giga studio with separate windows based pc's, still running DP as the front end sequencer. All of his work is done via MIDI. He is wanting a simpler setup for a smaller project studio. With DP7.2 and the motu symphonic instrument, will he be able to use selected instruments from the VSL along with this setup without using Mach5 version 2? AND would there be any need for third party samples such as VSL based upon the quality of sounds from motu's symphonic instrument.
One question (brought up by a sales person) Based upon the mixing capabilities within DP, is an external mixer really needed? The sales person was saying yes, because of latency issues. ?? Keep in mind that this studio is only used for all instrumental orchestral scores. No hard disk audio recording. All MIDI.
Last question... do you have a recommendation for a MIDI control keyboard. I understand that he should be able to use a usb control keyboard thus eliminating the need for a MIDI (5pin) interface box. I'm thinking a good usb or fire wire audio interface using the audio out to a powered 2.1 speaker system should just about complete the setup.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.