Motu SI 2010?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

perpprog
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Motu SI 2010?

Post by perpprog »

Greetings all, I am new to this forum as I have yet to own a Motu product. However, that might change and I hope you will be able to help me.

I've read through the last few year's posts about SI. The joys and the groans. I'm trying to make an informed decision about buying a new orchestral VI to compliment my IK Miroslav and can't stop thinking about SI.

I've listened to demos and (more importantly IMHO) user-produced tracks of many of the top selling orchestra VI's in the lower price ranges including, SI, EWQL, Garritan, Kurt Hunter, etc.

I was torn last month during the big EWQL sale (50% off)but didn't pull the trigger on the Gold version. One thing keeps holding me back: the lack of control over the built in ambience or wetness of those samples. I want to be able to use the library in other music than just 'classical' scores.

For instance, maybe a metal track calls for some heavy orchestration but I don't want the EWQL sound, is SI good for this application? Or how about just some french horns over a quiet piano/acoustic guitar passage. SI? Call me crazy, I'm just tired of hearing the "Hollywood" EW sound and want something else. I also dig that SI has a complete set of instruments including piano, choirs and a crumhorn.

So where does 2010 find SI? Are the lovers still into it? Are the haters still hating? Is there going to be a Version 2?

My gut tells me to go for SI. What does the forum say? Of course user-produced tracks would be greatly appreciated!

As a point of reference here are a few tracks of my own:
http://www.youtube.com/user/perpetualprogression
Winston
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Motu SI 2010?

Post by Winston »

hi, sorry if i discuss about the subject i.e.Motu SI 2010 i don't know about 2010 but what i want to say. Finally, one simple-to-use instrument that contains everything you need to create complete orchestral recordings. From solo instruments and small ensembles to full orchestral masterpieces, the MOTU Symphonic Instrument delivers.

Start with a massive 8GB library of brand new sounds from world class orchestras and musicians, recorded with pristine audio fidelity and careful attention to detail. Quality and variety abound. Now add a simple, easy to understand, single-window interface to personalize your instruments. Adjust your sound quickly and intuitively.

To further enhance the stunning realism of your compositions, the MOTU Symphonic Instrument includes a built-in convolution reverb processor to produce the most realistic room ambiences available. Use authentic acoustic spaces, from orchestra sound stages to renowned concert halls to majestic cathedrals.

The MOTU Symphonic Instrument is a CPU-efficient plug-in that saves with your host application document for instant recall. Nothing could be easier!

The MOTU Symphonic Instrument is compatible with all major plug in formats for Macintosh OS X and Windows (VST, Audio Units, DXi, MAS and RTAS).