Issue with Motu 2408 mkIII and PCI 424 card. Please help!

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

DJ_PILES
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Issue with Motu 2408 mkIII and PCI 424 card. Please help!

Post by DJ_PILES »

Hi friends! I have a problem with Motu 2408 mk3 and I know that the Motu usually has issues, but I don't find the ultimate solution yet.

I bought a Motu 2408 mk3 with PCI 424 card, and drivers cd. I switch on the Motu, and connect the FireWire cable.

Mi PC is Windows 7, processor i7, 8 RAM, motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3-B3.

The first issue says me: ''An error has occurred in the AudioWire driver: The AudioWire driver was not found (18)''

So I have installed the drivers from the Motu page:

Audio Interface Software
PCI-424 --------------------> (File Name: MOTUSetupAudio55333.zip
Type: driver
Date: 2012/09/11
Language: english
Version: 4.0.55333
Size: 34.5MB
Platform: Windows XP, Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

This installer (version 4.0.55333) installs updated drivers and software for all MOTU FireWire, USB, Hybrid, and PCI-424 audio interfaces for Windows 7, Vista, and XP. 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported. The CueMix FX app now supports PCI-424 systems and replaces the legacy CueMix Console app. This update also contains CueMix FX support for TouchOSC. The minimum required legacy Windows versions are Vista SP2 and XP SP3. Supported MOTU products include:

2408mk3)

FireWire/USB-----------> File Name: MOTU_Audio_Installer-Win-110806.zip
Type: driver
Date: 2011/08/09
Language: english
Version: 4.0.48697
Size: 34.5MB
Platform: Windows XP, Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

FireWire and USB Audio Driver Installer for Windows
This installer installs the current version of the FireWire and USB audio interface drivers for Windows 7, Vista, and XP. The minimum required legacy Windows versions are Windows Vista SP2 and Windows XP SP3.

Now the issue has change:

Motu Audio console > No MOTU Audio Device could be found. Make shure your motu audio device is connected, powered on, and that the drivers are installed.

Motu PCI Audio Console> No Motu Audio Devices Detected

The other devices work:
CueMix
Motu PCI Audio Console
Motu PCI SMPTE Console

>sound, video and game devices:
Motu PCI Audio (work correctly)
Motu PCI Wave Driver (work correctly)

I have tried a lot of solutions, but I have no idea which I have to do to solve this issue.

Any idea please?? I'm desperate.

Thanks to everybody. Kind Regards
Javi Piles