Unisyn Loads but cant get device to work.......

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

SJP
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Unisyn Loads but cant get device to work.......

Post by SJP »

I am running unisyn 2.11 with motu microlite MIDI interface. The interface i have been useing for some time and i know it works. In Unisyn in the MIDI drop down menu, the interface setup option is not in bold and therefore unaccesible. I cant seem to configure the ins and outs for various synths.

thanks
SmilesLots
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Unisyn Loads but cant get device to work.......

Post by SmilesLots »

What device? What OS? There may not be a profile for the device. Have you checked?
Mac Pro 1.1, SL 10.6.8, 13 gigs ram, DP7, 2 MTP-AV-USB, MTP-AV serial, Microlite, 828mk2, 828mk3, HDX-SDI, 7 other Macs
SJP

Post by SJP »

Yes there are profiles for some of my gear. Like the Alpha Juno and it still doesnt ask me about MIDI ins or outs etc? im running 10.6.2 SL

thanks
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

If you are using Unisyn 2.11 in OSX, the Interface Setup dialog does nothing. This is a holdover from the OS9 FreeMIDI setup. All Unisyn setups are done using the OSX Audio MIDI Setup. Are all your devices properly setup in the Audio MIDI Setup MIDI Devices? All of the transmit and receive channels ticked? Try SysEx Device ID as 1. Make sure that the device is spelled EXACTLY the same as in the device profile. Unisyn is very persnickety about device spelling and syntax. The profile name for your Roland device that I have on my list is "AlphaJuno1/2". Does that name appear in the Audio MIDI Setup?
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
SJP

Post by SJP »

Where is the Audio MIDI Setup located in OSX?

thanks
Dave Bourke

Post by Dave Bourke »

<Boot HD>/Applications/Utilities.

Kind regards.
Dave Bourke
– ideation –

Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66 GHz, 5 Gb, OS X 10.5.8, iMac 24" 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo, OS X 10.6.2, Mac G4 dual 800 MHz Quicksilver, DP 7.11, PCIe-424/24i, UAD-2 Quad/UAD-1e, PowerCore Firewire.
SJP

Post by SJP »

I went to applications and utilities and found the audio MIDI setup. And there is no listing for my motu microlite. Im not sure what else im supposed to be doing?
SJP

Post by SJP »

ok ive found the MIDI setup but its still not clear how i specify the port on my micro lite designated to my alpha juno 2? If someone can help me that would be great. I tried to create a profile in the MIDI setup and named it roland alpha juno 1/2 then i selected the brand name roland and the model roland alpha juno 2. But i dont see how to designate it port 1 one my microlite for the in and out. It does say port 1 but no specification on where that is connected. I went to unisyn and the screen with liders came up and still i couldnt get anything to work??? I must be missing something very simple here.

regards

SJP
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Device>Show Info>Ports. Draw your ins and outs from the Micro Lite to the device in the main window.

Edit- Worth a thousand (or more) words:

http://jobsluder.com/kirk/osx-MIDI-troubleshoot.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31