There was no reply from the device?

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

metro_gnome
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

There was no reply from the device?

Post by metro_gnome »

Hi, I've just got Unisyn for OS X as I have a JV1080 and Nord Rack 2 that i think would benefit from a patch editor/librarian program to get the best out of the gear.

I've managed to install successfully and set up the environments for both synths in Unisyn. However, when I attempt to update the device in Unisyn a message appears that 'there was no reply from the device'. I have tried multiple configurations in my audio MIDI setup and it should be noted that under a different configuration the message 'A bad MIDI header was received' came up.

To be honest I'm a bit stumped as to what to do next. I've a feeling its something relatively simple aswell, just a click away hopefully! I have unisyn sending MIDI data to both synths as i can play them with the screen keys.

Maybe its something to do with my interface. I dont have a proper MIDI interface as yet, just a usb cable to MIDI ins and outs, but that has worked fine for me in the past to send and recieve MIDI data to and from the Nord in logic.

Can anyone think of something fundamental that I may of missed?

Many thanks

Owen
JMVideo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: There was no reply from the device?

Post by JMVideo »

I'm having this exact same problem... did you ever figure it out??