Converting SYX to UBK

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

lancebug
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Converting SYX to UBK

Post by lancebug »

I am working in a friends studio and want to bring in some .syx patches to load and edit via Unisyn. Due to time constraints I don't want to send them all to the various synths via other editor/librarians and then import them back into Unisyn. Is there a utility or a simple process thing that can convert/import them to a Unisyn readable format? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't normally use Unisyn so its all a bit foreign to me.
bzfoto
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

Post by bzfoto »

I use SysExLibrarian to dump sysex into the synths,

then I guess you upload the patches using Unisyn.

download link:
http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/
Rhetro

Re: Converting SYX to UBK

Post by Rhetro »

Hello!

Newbie to the sysex domain. Been seeing all this 'Unisyn going away' talk.

I have an old Roland JD800 synth and I'd like to back up all my data. Is this what Sysex is generally used for? I realized that there are editors out there as well. But I'm looking for more of a backup/librarian sort of thing.

Would this SysExLibrarian do the trick? Am I on the right track?

Thanks!
iMac (3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Cuo, 6GB/800 Mhz), Macbook (2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB/667 Mhz) DP7.24, IZotope Ozone 4, Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2, Dynaudio BM 6A mkII, Yamaha NS-10M Studio, JBL 4311, one Auratone 5PSC, Alesis RA-100
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Rhetro wrote:Would this SysExLibrarian do the trick? Am I on the right track?
Yes... it's a Librarian so be definition that's all it does: store your patches banks. You can't edit them or tweak patches, but most people don't need that capability anyway.

The only slight inconvenience is with this utility and others is you simply have to set it to receive a sysex dump from your device, then initiate the dump from the front panel of your keyboard/module. How to do that is easily found in the manual for most devices.

Once you've captured the sysex dump, you simply send it back to your device to load all the patch data, etc.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rhetro

Post by Rhetro »

Great news!

Thanks for posting, James.

Reaktor is next!!!!! Found a way to control it with my Roland JD800!!!
iMac (3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Cuo, 6GB/800 Mhz), Macbook (2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB/667 Mhz) DP7.24, IZotope Ozone 4, Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2, Dynaudio BM 6A mkII, Yamaha NS-10M Studio, JBL 4311, one Auratone 5PSC, Alesis RA-100