install error ???

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

stephen1212b
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

install error ???

Post by stephen1212b »

I recently upgraded to OS 10.4.9 DP 5.11 runs great. I am finally getting back to my hardware synths and having trouble with my unisyn installation. About 2/3rds of the way through an error comes up "1008:5,-5000 access denied error". This sounds like a mac permissions problem, so I ran disk utility and fixed permisions with the same result. So then I connected my back up hard drive from system 3.9 and copied the unisyn folder over. Now I can start Unisyn but I can't get past the authorization window. I enter my name and the keycode from the manual. I click ok button and the authorization window returns with blank fields. Finally I started up in 10.3.9 and verified that unisyn runs fine in that system. Does anyone have any thoughts about what to try next?

Stephen
Mac OS X version 10.5.8 / DP 7.12 / Dual 1.25 GHz G4 2GB DDR SDRAM / MOTU 2408mk3 / Powerbook G4 / traveler
magicd

Post by magicd »

This problem is caused by installing 10.4.9 on an Intel Mac via Software Update. Download the 10.4.9 Combo Update from Apple and install that. Now you can reauthorize Unisyn.

Magic Dave
stephen1212b

Post by stephen1212b »

I am still on a dual G4 not an Intel, but I will try the combo update. Thanks again for all your help.
Mac OS X version 10.5.8 / DP 7.12 / Dual 1.25 GHz G4 2GB DDR SDRAM / MOTU 2408mk3 / Powerbook G4 / traveler
stephen1212b

Re: install error ???

Post by stephen1212b »

I am not understanding why this thread popped up in my email today. It is an old thread that has since been resolved by mucking around with the terminal. It is a permissions problem and you have to delete the record of the original invisible install file. If someone is having a problem with this I will look up the exact procedure. Once the install record is deleted everything worked as it was supposed to.
heartmood
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by heartmood »

The problem exists here with different OS and NEW Unisyn Installation: We got a brand new version of Unisyn donated for our handicapped nonprofit org by the german Distributor KLEMM-Music. System is latest MacOS 10.6.3. when launching the program ist asks for the installer CD, when I put it in and fill in the key, the dialogue disappears, but comes back immediately empty. I've read all support docs, repaired permissions, tried to install and auhorize as root user, all without success. KLEMM couldn't help. There was no invisible AuthUnisyn file to delete!!! So please help anybody!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

This may or may not help, but it might be worth taking a look at:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=42027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!