"Normalize" audio track in DP 3

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
midiw
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

"Normalize" audio track in DP 3

Post by midiw »

:oops:

I've had to use DP 3 ( OS 9 ) running on a 8500 in order to use/apply some exellent adobe premiere plugs.

The audio track I created in DP3 had to be "normalized" before I could apply fx.

:oops: Unable to figure out how to do that. I highlighted the audio track but the "normalize" from the drop down audio menue was grayed out.

Help please.
Mac OS: Mojave
Sweeper
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: "Normalize" audio track in DP 3

Post by Sweeper »

Hello,
I know I am too late to answer this question but I just got some ways to normalize audio, so I’d like to post here for benefiting more friends. I am using Audacity instead of DP 3, the steps are the below:
1. Open Audacity, click “Open” under File table, and then hold Ctrl to select the audio files you want to import, or simply drag and drop all the audio files to the main interface.
2. Press “Ctrl + A” to select all imported audio files, click “Effect” on the menu bar, and then select “Normalize”.
3. Check Normalize maximum amplitude to, type the desired volume level into the “dB” box. Click OK to start to normalize audio.
4. After done, click “File” again and select “Export Multiple”. Finally, set export format and location, and hit the Export button to start saving.
I copied some words from http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/ti ... audio.html, if you are interested in this topic, you can search it too. Hope useful, my dear