DP 9 and MAchFive3

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
31flies
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 9 and MAchFive3

Post by 31flies »

Hey All,

This is driving me crazy...livid...furious...

DP 9.51 and MachFive3, El Capitan:

I set my MachFive3 pans and volume levels and as soon as I hit the play transport they ALL reset to defaults. What the heck?

Thanks.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9 and MAchFive3

Post by FMiguelez »

it works fine here (same software versions as you). We need more details...

My first trouble-shooting step would be to make sure there is not some kind of hidden automation in your tracks.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

This is a common problem that happens with VI's. I'm guessing you're setting the volume and pans in MachFive instead of in DP's mixer. Whenever you hit play, DP is sending the pan and volume fader position for the MIDI track targeting the VI. I'm not in front of DP right now, but the way to fix this is to go to the Track Overview and for each of your MIDI tracks that target the VI, double click the automation setup column, and then set the automation so that it set to "Only" and then not add any controllers. Either that or choose "All except" and add volume and pan. I'll need to go into the studio and launch DP so I can check the exact way to do it if you need more help.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Moving this topic to the Troubleshooting forum.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!