VI and BTD problem

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VI and BTD problem

Post by buzzsmith »

Hi, all...

(I posted this in the MOTU group within FB, too.)

Can't bounce VIs to disk for some reason!

All has been fine for years up until today. Actually, I was successful bouncing a Kick from SD1 but then, in an attempt to bounce the snare, it only bounced about 50 seconds of it.

I tried another VI with the blank file result.

Did the normal shutdown of everything (Mac and all studio hardware and interfaces) but still can't get a bounce!

Real time freezing still works, but the BTD function is not working.

i double checked my routing, play enable, etc. and all are set as they were even yesterday (or earlier today) when things were fine.
i did try within another project, and it seemed OK?

The only thing that I did that was a little out of the ordinary for me was to Delete all unused Soundbites and cleared the Undo history.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

Kurt Cowling

Re: VI and BTD problem

Post by Kurt Cowling »

I’ve been having the exact same problem. I opened a tech link with MOTU. They asked some follow up questions which I have not had time to experiment with to solidly my answers.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
Kurt Cowling

Re: VI and BTD problem

Post by Kurt Cowling »

PS I have a vague suspicion this starting after upgrading to High Sierra.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
buzzsmith

VI and BTD problem

Post by buzzsmith »

Kurt, I’m still on 10.8.5. and 9.01. Everything was peachy until today.

I have no clue why it seemed to start misbehaving earlier this afternoon.

Maybe after a night’s rest (the Mac and DP!) all might be OK mañana.

Thank you.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)

Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

buzzsmith

VI and BTD problem

Post by buzzsmith »

A slight update:

I never got to the bottom of this but a few notes...

1. Things were seeming to behave normally until last week. Any attempt to BTD any VIs would only give me maybe 16 bars or so. The remainder of the file was blank.

2. Quit and relaunched DP. Still a problem.

3. Shutdown and restarted. Still a problem.

4. Tried again from a backup file. Still a problem.

5. Used Time Machine and restored a file from 2 days prior (same VI info). Success!
Exported the successful bounces to a folder on the desktop and imported them into the active project.

6. Next day, on the original project, BTD working again.

Nothing else "unusual" has been noticed re: DP's or the Mac's normal behavior.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)