Track Group bug?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
stringtheory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Track Group bug?

Post by stringtheory »

let's say i create an edit track group of 3 tracks, each with equal-length soundbites that begin and end at the same time. when i select the top soundbite, the lower 2 are not selected, and when i select either of the lower 2, they are both selected but not the top one. UNTIL i make splices in the soundbites - after that, as long as i select a portion that does not contain either the beginning or end of the original soundbite, all 3 tracks are selected together. but still, selecting the beginning portion or the ending portion doesn't select the whole group.

i'm finding it a little hard to describe this behavior. it's not consistent, but it's frequent... and i don't understand it. i can shift-click as a workaround, but something is wrong, yes?
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)
mrgkeys

Re: Track Group bug?

Post by mrgkeys »

I would bet that the #1 soudnbite is actually not the same length as #2 and #3.. track groups on soundbites only work when they are exactly the same length. that's why it starts working when you make a cut. I'll try this out today and check it.
stringtheory

Re: Track Group bug?

Post by stringtheory »

eh, you’re probably right, even though i’m pretty sure i created the soundbites in away that would have made them the same length...thanks.
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)