DP8: Asking to re-activate and giving a "disk is full" (-34)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP8: Asking to re-activate and giving a "disk is full" (

Post by HCMarkus »

schmargle wrote:... I wanted a Waves plug-in, saw it was on sale, so I bought it. After I paid and downloaded it, I got a note that said, by the way, you're running a previous version of our platform, so installing this will wipe out all of your Waves plug-ins. ...But you could always just renew your lapsed subscriptions. So a $50 plug-in purchase turned into a $300+ update. No new features, just the privilege of continuing to use the plug-ins. I paid.
For future reference: The key with Waves is watching for a sale on a package that includes what you have. I've taken a WUPping at least once, but was recently able to upgrade everything Waves for $40, moving to Platinum or Diamond (can't remember which at the moment) and get a couple of new plugs in the process.

I'm really happy with Sierra at this point. I'm thinking I will probably do what I've done before with Mountain Lion and just stay put for a while, at least until the 7,1 Mac Pro is released. And then it will be question of $$$$.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote:I'm really happy with Sierra at this point. I'm thinking I will probably do what I've done before with Mountain Lion and just stay put for a while, at least until the 7,1 Mac Pro is released. And then it will be question of $$$$.
Ditto. I can't really think of anything that's "must have" for me in High Sierra.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
caruso
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by caruso »

schmargle wrote:Okay, temporarily fixed the "disk is full" (-34) error by finding something similar in another thread.

I dragged the file into the Audio Files folder of this DP project. Then from there dragged it into the DP project. Odd, but it worked.

And for some reason, this time I opened up DP and it didn't demand that I put in my activation code. Head scratcher.

These problems just happened to me in the past few days. The work around of dragging a file into the Audio folder worked both as a gateway to bring a file into an existing session AS WELL AS getting rid of the annoying reactivation prompts. Thanks to those here who have addressed this correctly.

THIS IS A MOTU SERVER PROBLEM. When trying to address these problems on the the MOTU support site, each time a server error message was received when opening their support page and I was never able to go further with this on their site. Looks like the entire weekend has been errors on their website.

I have DP 8.07 running on a 2017 Macbook pro with High Sierra. This has been my setup for years. Never once did I get these problems before January 2019.

If someone upgraded to DP9 and spent $195.00 to solve these problems I feel sorry for them. There is nothing in 9 I need, or want.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

THIS IS A MOTU SERVER PROBLEM
Puttting it in caps doesn’t make it so. The MOTU web site was down for awhile yesterday but it’s back up now. So, if the server is down, authentications will be affected but this is extremely rare.

Having worked 9 years for a company that did client and server APIs, I well know the difference.

It is the license client in DP 8–9 before 9.5 that is incompatible with High Sierra and later. MOTU incorporated a fix but it isn’t retroactive. The client queries the server after a reboot only—opening and closing DP 8 does not require a login otherwise.

As for not wanting or needing anything in DP 9, that’s up to you. There are good reasons to upgrade besides not having to reauthorize after a reboot. I like that you can get the same performance with reduced buffer sizes (El Cap and later).

Personally, I wish that DP would go to iLok but even that can have issues as it did a few years ago. What a mess that was. If they do, it won’t be backwards compatible.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro