bounce to disk not working when aux busses involved

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jglamar
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

bounce to disk not working when aux busses involved

Post by jglamar »

I can bounce to disk just fine under normal circumstances (running DP 9.51 on brand new iMac running 10.13.2).
But if I want to submix 2 channels to bus 1-2 and submix channels 3-4 to bus 3-4, and mix those 2 busses to the master bus, and try to bounce with the mast output selected, I get blank/empty/silent files.
This has been happening since upgrading to 9 about two months ago.
My only solution at this time is a realtime bounce to a new stereo channel in the sequence.
Any fixes?
FMiguelez

Re: bounce to disk not working when aux busses involved

Post by FMiguelez »

It works fine here.

Sounds to me like a problem in the setting of the BTD dialog box. Your tracks must be play-enabled and their ultimate out must coincide with the master's.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
jglamar

Post by jglamar »

FMiguelez wrote: Your tracks must be play-enabled and their ultimate out must coincide with the master's.
The BTD box is configured correctly. I mentioned in the original post that bounces work fine unless aux tracks are involved.

For instance, if I configure tracks 1-2 ti feed bus 1-2, and add a stereo channel with input bus 1-2, output main 1-2, a bounce of the output of Main 1-2 will yield a silent file. All tracks play enabled, and the channel w/input from bus1-2 is in input mode.

I tested lots of permutations of this to no avail.
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

......aaaaaaaahhhhhhh.....feel like I've experienced this but I don't have any clear memory. I think I discovered a 3rd party plug on the aux that didn't function in BTD, only real time, but I can't swear to that.

I did notice recently you can’t assign outputs to ‘none’ and get sound through an aux send. That foils options I'd like for dual mid side and ambisonic mixing.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing