Getting Repeating Error: getClassInfo 331

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Asensory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Getting Repeating Error: getClassInfo 331

Post by Asensory »

Greetings,

I keep getting an error that reads "Failure: getClassInfo 331 - 32767 [-32767]." This comes up every few minutes, and happens when I click Save as well. I reached out to MOTU customer service, but I'm having to resolve a registration issue first before they will address the problem. Yes, my copy of DP is fully paid-for and registered, I'd paste the key here as proof but that's a big no-no. I did provide MOTU with the key, haven't heard back from them yet but hopefully soon.

Anyway, back to the error, has anyone seen this before? My first inclination is to reinstall DP, which I imagine is easy enough by running the same installer I used to upgrade to 9.5. And help from you folks would be appreciated as always.

Thanks!

DP 9.5
Mac Pro 4.1 (upgraded to 5.1), XEON Hex-core 3.33GHz, 32GB RAM
OSX 10.12.6
mikehalloran

Re: Getting Repeating Error: getClassInfo 331

Post by mikehalloran »

Error: getClassInfo is an error usually associated with plugins. It can also indicate a Java run time or C++ error. I don't know that anyone has seen it here since DP 7.22. It will be interesting to see what MOTU says.
I'm having to resolve a registration issue first before they will address the problem
Your key code, email address and name must match the MOTU license server or DP 9 won't run. This does not make them appear in your registered account till you register the purchase. If you bought from a reseller, for example, you need to mail or fax (or email?) the registration card so that it becomes associated with your serial number. If this is your first purchase, MOTU will generate your serial number once they process the card. The way you find your serial number is to log into your account—MOTU does not mail or email it to you.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Asensory

Post by Asensory »

Thanks for the reply. Brendan from MOTU had not seen the error before. I believe it will result in me removing some of the recent plugins, will probably report to the plugin developer about the error as well, if I can track it all down. I'll update this thread when it gets resolved for the record.

Also, the registration issue was resolved, DP9 is now added to my list of registrations on MOTU's site.

A quick note, I received a email notification on the initial reply from MOTU, but not a FOLLOW-UP notification after that, even though Brendan had since replied. So it you're troubleshooting something with MOTU, remember to just check your ticket on their site because you may not get an email notification from them after a response.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

If you search for getClassInfo on these boards, you'll see some old threads but no solutions.

As I mentioned, this is a frequent Java run time error. Both 32 bit and 64 bit JREs (Java Runtime Environment) are often required for everything to work properly on a Mac. If you don't have both, I would start there.

Here is the latest 32bit JRE for Mac and the only one compatible with High Sierra
https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

The 64 bit JRE is available from Oracle only.
https://www.java.com/en/download/mac_download.jsp
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Asensory

Post by Asensory »

Greetings,

Sorry for the late reply. I disabled the plugin that I suspected was causing the problem (Biotek) and had no more instances of that Java error. I will try to reach out to the developer and let them know. Maybe I will update the JRE as well, like you mentioned. Need to study java a little anyway (work related) so I can get the JDK too while I'm at it.

I consider this issue resolved, but not fixed. I don't have the problem, but can't run Biotek either. If I get it running without the error I'll come back around here and update again.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Check for upgrades, re-download, reinstall BioTek. You might get lucky.