Timestamp Anomaly from a Previous Project

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Timestamp Anomaly from a Previous Project

Post by buzzsmith »

Hi, all!

A client asked me to send him the individual tracks from a song recorded back in 2007.

I had it backed up on a DVD, but was getting errors in trying to copy it to an internal hard drive. The original DP file appears to be corrupted (Error 102) so I can't open it.

So, I used Data Rescue and all of the files (minus about 300 Kb, so 99.9%) were recovered.

Still can't open the original project file and could not load it either. Same error 102.

So, I loaded all of the audio :dance: into the soundbites window within a new DP file.

However...

When I try to place them using either "Move to Original Timestamp" or "...User Timestamp" I get a message that says, "Some of the timestamps are before the sequence start time."

I have the sequence start time set to 0:00:00.00 and in the Soundbites window, or on the actual waveforms that I set to see the timestamps in the SE, all show "normal" start times (including user start times) like 0:00:00.00 or 0:00:35:10.

That shows me that I'm not "Before the sequence start time."

Any ideas on how to zip these guys to where they belong?

Thanks!

Buzzy

(DP 9.5)
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

EMRR

Re: Timestamp Anomaly from a Previous Project

Post by EMRR »

Was pre-roll recording an option in 2007? That's my first guess as to cause. It's use in various workstations has been giving me all sorts of grief the last few years with imports from other studios. Usually an offset I have to sort out.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
buzzsmith

Re: Timestamp Anomaly from a Previous Project

Post by buzzsmith »

EMRR wrote:Was pre-roll recording an option in 2007? That's my first guess as to cause. It's use in various workstations has been giving me all sorts of grief the last few years with imports from other studios. Usually an offset I have to sort out.
I don't think so. This would have been version 5.xx back then.

I can see every file also has a tempo of 94 bpm.

I may try opening a blank template, pre-setting the tempo to 94 and importing 2 or 3 files and see if that somehow works.

Thank you.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)