Upgraded Mac OS to High Sierra, Plug in not loading in DP9.5

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
sebner
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Upgraded Mac OS to High Sierra, Plug in not loading in DP9.5

Post by sebner »

I am trying to open a project I had been working on and the Drumagog Pro plug in will not load. I remember there is a way to re load or register the plug ins in DP, but cannot find the documentation. I thought at first it was high sierra, upgraded to the Drumagog plug in that should be compatible, but now it will not load and I am almost finished with these mixes and relied heavily not he plug in due to recording issues with the drum set. Please advise on how I can get it to load. I can confirm it is in the plug in folder and the VST folder, just not being recognized by DP.

Scott
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Upgraded Mac OS to High Sierra, Plug in not loading in D

Post by mikehalloran »

Open the User Manual, search for Plug-in examination and read from there.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
rumo

Post by rumo »

Have you switched from VST as standard to AU plugins? This starts a new plugin validation scan? Maybe the AU will work on High Sierra. On a Mac you usually should use that format, is there a reason you rely on VSTs?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
sebner

Post by sebner »

Thanks for your responses. I am using the AU, I was told to uninstall both the VST and the AU from the Audio folder. I did attempt to re examine the plugins but to no affect. I will try one more time to reinstall drumagog and reauthorize.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

sebner wrote:I was told to uninstall both the VST and the AU from the Audio folder.
If you uncheck and recheck in the Preferences panel, this should force the issue and it's something you should know is why I told how to find the instructions. But, if you can't do it any other way...

Remove the AU from Components and the VST from the VST folder.

Restart DP then quit.

Now reinstall. DP will reexamine.

Drumagog 5 loads fine on my system, BTW.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I take care of about 30 Macs. On upgrading to High Sierra, there were a few minor problems solved by the following:

Do a Safe Boot. When done, shut down and reboot normally. Almost no apps will run in Safe mode so don't bother. This rebuilds your directory and resets the caches to default. I wound up doing this on every install when I noticed a number of generic alias icons—this fixes that, too.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Reinstall High Sierra. Either download and reinstall the latest version of the OS or boot into the Repair Partition—it doesn't matter how you do it. This fixed a few things on my iMac and two others and brought a couple of Adobe apps back to life. Running the updater does not have the same effect.
sebner

Post by sebner »

I was able to fix the issue by reinstalling DP (actually moved up to 9.5.1) and resetting the preferences. The most current version of Drumagog now loads. On to the next set of problems in rebuilding my studio after a significant crash. That is for another thread.