Need Help setting up CC64 to trigger "new take"

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
plum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Need Help setting up CC64 to trigger "new take"

Post by plum »

Hi There Happy Holidays everyone.
Got some time off work been back in the studio playing with my Fishman Tripleplay and pair of Akai MPD218's.

I'm back wishing I could record Multiple takes of MIDI with Memory Cycle and Overdub record.
The closest I came to a break through was simply realizing I could use a keyboard command and then even better a MIDI event to achieve this.

So I stepped on my sustain pedal with the square in the "new track" command row highlighted and bingo it turned into CC64 on or off (choices).

And I even though well since I hardly ever even rarely use commands I'll turn the V into create "new take" command since it is closer to me than most other possibilities.

Anyway V works but cc64 when I step on my Sustain Pedal "doesn't work" to create a new track while I am cycle recording multiple passes of MIDI Guitar.

(it just occurred to me I wonder if cc64 is already a command somewhere -- I'll have to check the entire command list but I'm not sure there are any MIDI commands in the default command list?)

Basically I do not want to commit to an audio track because I want to have fun scrolling through sounds after the fact.

Usually what I have done is commit to an audio track and let MIDI continually overdub until it gets so bogged down my Computer acts strange!

And I have to confess in regards to starting with regular guitar and adding Synth later, that Melodyne polyphonic mode seem a bit superior in its translation of my Guitar playing.

Playing MIDI guitar for the first time has left me have to face 1. That my technique is generally not clean enough to achieve the results I am looking for. 2. My computer is finally Too old to handle my current needs (actually has been for a few years)

Try to get a new computer around tax return time! But I digress.

Thanks for your Time I really appreciate it.

P.S. My Older Studio Logic (sl-880) Keyboard seems to be putting out some weird glitchy MIDI info that I am wondering might be interrupting the signal but since I see cc64 everytime when I am trying to enter it as a command in the commands window, I think it should be working.
Motu Audio Express
2.4 Ghz Imac Early 2008
4 GB Ram
DP8 & DP9...
plum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Need Help setting up CC64 to trigger "new take"

Post by plum »

Here's the Answer!

I never hit MIDI Masters "Master Master"...
That's a lot of Masters, makes me think of the book "many lives many masters"...

The only reason I figured that that was how I got it to work was when I tried playing some MIDI Piano and all of a Sudden my Transport Control went nuts...

So I was like: What the heck did I do.
And I went to see if there were Command MIDI assignments that I didn't know about...

Thanks to the internet and whatever I can't remember reference to Transport Control using MIDI keyboard...
Motu Audio Express
2.4 Ghz Imac Early 2008
4 GB Ram
DP8 & DP9...