Cannot Record VIs into Audio

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Asensory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Cannot Record VIs into Audio

Post by Asensory »

I must be doing something stupid ....
I cannot get audio into audio tracks for recording from a virtual instrument track. I see the signal in the Audio Monitor, but the track shows nothing, and there's no sound.

Here is the setup, I created a simple project to troubleshoot:
Bassline is instantiated as an instrument track, output set to Bus 1-2 (MIDI track assigned to control).
Audio track is setup with its input set to Bus 1-2
Audio track is record-enabled. The little blue speaker is enabled to indicate monitoring is switched on for the audio track.

I hear everything fine with Bassline set to Built-in audio as the output. Set it back to bus 1-2 (with audio track input set to same) and silence. Again, I SEE the blue VUs moving in the Audio Monitor.

I have everything selected in Configure Hardware Driver. What moronic thing am I missing?

DP 9.5
Mac Pro 4.1 upgraded to 5.1
XEON 3.33, 32 GB RAM
Asensory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Cannot Record VIs into Audio

Post by Asensory »

OK I solved it.

I would normally just delete the post, but this could help the next moron .. err ... person.

I have a USB mic (Yeti 99 dollar special) setup to record, I disabled it in the Hardware setup and viola! Everything returned to normal. Now, I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but now I keep the mic disabled until needed.