Bounce to Disk Issues

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Regale
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bounce to Disk Issues

Post by Regale »

Hey All -

Trying to bounce a rough mix and having some very odd issues. I've been using DP since 4.5 and have never run into this.

After bouncing to disk, selecting any option, .wav, .mp3 etc. The file is blank and when I go back into DP I have no audio. I have to go into Configure Hardwire driver and re-select my audio outputs. All tracks are assigned to correct outputs.

Any ideas? Really frustrating. I'm on DP 8.06 OS 10.12.6 16GB ram

Thanks!
Chris
mikehalloran

Re: Bounce to Disk Issues

Post by mikehalloran »

Not enough information. Please describe exactly what you are trying to do and exactly how you are doing it.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Regale

Re: Bounce to Disk Issues

Post by Regale »

mikehalloran wrote:Not enough information. Please describe exactly what you are trying to do and exactly how you are doing it.
Just doing a quick bounce to disk of a drum take, within my sequence I select all tracks and then select bounce to disk. If I choose any format (WAV, AIFF, MP3) the bounced file has no audio and when bounce to disk is complete I have no audio in DP. I have to go back into Setup and select my hardware driver and then I have audio back in DP. It's almost like as soon as Bounce to disk starts it is disabling audio.

Thanks!
Chris