DP 9.51, UltraLiteAVB, Mackie MCU Pro & High Sierra TROUBLE

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
timlanders
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9.51, UltraLiteAVB, Mackie MCU Pro & High Sierra TROUBLE

Post by timlanders »

I've resubmitted this post due to a typo on the previous one - w/ an update as well.

Hi Folks,

I waited and waited and finally was confident I could update my late 2013 iMac to High Sierra OS. I am now seriously doubting that decision. Since updating I have a myriad of issues, and all serious ones. Most crucial; when running DP I have NO AUDIO through the UltraLite AVB - although the hardware is actually recognized by both the mac and DP. The Mackie control surface is not controlling anything. There are also a number of plugins that are either not recognized or not validated. I had to reinstall all sorts of drivers and even the iLok license manager. Keep in mind, I haven't really been able to tell exactly which other plugins are working or not because I haven't been able to fully run the system but so far I've noted certain Izotope, Nomad, Eventide and IKMultimedia plugs are not being allowed to instantiate. That's a problem as I use those a lot. Here's the real kicker though.... Everything is working flawlessly with Logic Pro X!!! Go figure. My Motu hardware and software don't like each other but Logic is working swimmingly. This seems just incredibly wrong to me. With the setup I have I should never see these kinds of major problems. What gives?
Any help or suggestions are very much appreciated and welcome - Thank you

update: after running Logic Pro then returning to DP things seemed to work but it was temporary. on restart of my system I'm again unable to function within DP - no audio no control surfaces no joy.

Help and (snarky comments) is what I need. Thanks

Here's my setup:
iMac 27" late 2013 3.5 GHz i7, 32 GB Apple memory, 3 TB SS drive
MOTU UltraLite AVB interface with current firmware and drivers - connected directly to iMac (no hub)
Digital Performer 9.51 w/ all current MOTU drivers (MIDI, Audio, etc)
Mackie MCU Pro Control Surface running latest driver (4.0.3)
nektar panorama P4 keyboard controller - both controllers connected via active USB 2 hub
women and rhythm section first!

DP10 - iMac late 2013 3.5ghz i7 quad 32 gb MOTU AVB UltraLite
Gravity Jim

Re: DP 9.51, UltraLiteAVB, Mackie MCU Pro & High Sierra TROU

Post by Gravity Jim »

Have you tried throwing away the Prefs files? Or simply reinstalling DP? I know I read a very similar complaint on this forum. and it seems to me that was the fix.

(I'mm doing something I usually avoid here... I'm giving advice that I'm not 100% sure about. But it can't hurt, and it doesn't take much time.)
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
timlanders

Re: DP 9.51, UltraLiteAVB, Mackie MCU Pro & High Sierra TROU

Post by timlanders »

Thanks Jim - I have reinstalled DP w/ no change but I haven't tried trashing the preferences files - will try that next.
women and rhythm section first!

DP10 - iMac late 2013 3.5ghz i7 quad 32 gb MOTU AVB UltraLite