Getting Blue Yeti to Work - RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Asensory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Getting Blue Yeti to Work - RESOLVED

Post by Asensory »

I've read that this mic can be tricky, just my luck. What I have done so far is the following:

Plug USB cable in and confirm that I see the mic in preferences/sound
Confirm that audio coming into the mic shows up in the input level indicator in preferences/sound
Launch DP and create some tracks (mono and stereo audio)
Open Audio MIDI setup
Click on the Yeti mic (which appears as one of the choices along tiwh the Built-in audio and Soundflower choices). I notes that the dropdown for the Yeti IN is grayed out (the options within that is).
Click on the "+" and Create Aggregate Device for both input and output.

So far no audio shows up in DP, and the mic does not show up in the list of input devices for the track.

Anyone manage to get this working?

DP 9.5
OSX 10.12.6
Mac Pro 4.0 upgraded to 5.1, XEON 3.33GHz hex core, 32 GB RAM
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Getting Blue Yeti to Work

Post by James Steele »

I'm not exactly sure, because I'm not in front of DP right now, but I think you need to go into DP's hardware setup where you choose the driver and then look for the Yeti in the list of drivers and Shift+Click it, adding it to the drivers that DP can address.

Again... not exactly sure, but shooting from the hip right now. For example, I know that to bring in audio via USB for my Line 6 POD, that's what I had to do before it would show up as an input source in DP.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Asensory

Re: Getting Blue Yeti to Work

Post by Asensory »

James Steele wrote:I'm not exactly sure, because I'm not in front of DP right now, but I think you need to go into DP's hardware setup where you choose the driver and then look for the Yeti in the list of drivers and Shift+Click it, adding it to the drivers that DP can address.

Again... not exactly sure, but shooting from the hip right now. For example, I know that to bring in audio via USB for my Line 6 POD, that's what I had to do before it would show up as an input source in DP.
That must be why you get the big bucks ... that was the missing step.

Thanks!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Getting Blue Yeti to Work

Post by James Steele »

Glad to help. I also believe that, in theory, for each driver DP is "connecting" with, you need increment the Host Buffer Multiplier by 1. So if the Yeti and your usual driver are selected, your Host Buffer Multiplier should be set to 2.

Also, you may not need to mess with the Aggregate Device approach now.

Oh and big bucks? I nearly spit out my coffee!! LOL
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!