Installing Prior Version of DP

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
RobTalbert
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Installing Prior Version of DP

Post by RobTalbert »

I'd like to install the prior version of DP 9 (after upgrading to DP 9.5 and experiencing a problem). How do I do that?

I assume the process begins with downloading an older version of the software, which is problematic for starters, since MOTU.com has been down/wierd since at least yesterday. (Anyone else seeing this, or have I entered an alternate universe after binge eating?)
iMac M1 with 16 GB RAM, OS X 12, DP 11, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Waves Plugins, Melodyne, Kontakt, BLUE Kiwi and Neuman Mics & BLUE Robbie Pre; Martin D18, Martin OM25, Cordoba, & PRS CE24 Guitars.
bayswater

Re: Installing Prior Version of DP

Post by bayswater »

The server does seem to be down at the moment, but it usually works fine.

Rename the current installation to something like DP 9.5.1 so it isn't overwritten when you install the older version. Otherwise, just install the older version as you would any other app. The downloads are full installation DMG files.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
RobTalbert

Post by RobTalbert »

Thanks. I appreciate the help. MOTU must not be too concerned about missing Black Friday sales, or else their website issues are severe.

What am I renaming exactly? Just the application itself in my applications folder? Or do I need to rename any library or other folders/files?
iMac M1 with 16 GB RAM, OS X 12, DP 11, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Waves Plugins, Melodyne, Kontakt, BLUE Kiwi and Neuman Mics & BLUE Robbie Pre; Martin D18, Martin OM25, Cordoba, & PRS CE24 Guitars.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

RobTalbert wrote:What am I renaming exactly? Just the application itself in my applications folder? Or do I need to rename any library or other folders/files?
Just the application file named "Digital Performer".
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8