Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 + DP 9.51 + High Sierra

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
RobTalbert
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 + DP 9.51 + High Sierra

Post by RobTalbert »

I upgraded to High Sierra a few days ago and to DP 9.51 tonight. Now, I cannot get DP to output to my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The interface works fine playing tracks from iTunes.

When I go to System Prefs>>Sound, the output is set to Scarlett, but the selection is gray, not blue. I can click on it to select it, but it doesn't have an impact.

Any ideas? Can I go back to DP 9 to see if upgrading DP is my issue?
iMac M1 with 16 GB RAM, OS X 12, DP 11, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Waves Plugins, Melodyne, Kontakt, BLUE Kiwi and Neuman Mics & BLUE Robbie Pre; Martin D18, Martin OM25, Cordoba, & PRS CE24 Guitars.
bayswater

Re: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 + DP 9.51 + High Sierra

Post by bayswater »

You can certainly install an earlier version of DP. Rename the one you have now so it is not overwritten.

I have a test partition with DP 9.5, HS, and a Focusrite 18i8 which I assume is basically the same as the 18i20 for this purpose. It all works fine.

I vaguely remember updating the Focusrite software for HS but I think it's USB class compliant, so that probably is not part of the issue, but it might be worth checking that out.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
RobTalbert

Post by RobTalbert »

Thanks for your response and the help. Turns out this was just configuration errors in DP and in Focusrite. The combination of a new version of DP and a firmware upgrade in the Focusrite control software changed some config settings from how I had them set up previously. I had checked these initially, but not thoroughly enough, and I got too suspicious too early that the combined DP and OS upgrades had hosed me. Instead, it was pilot error from the start.
iMac M1 with 16 GB RAM, OS X 12, DP 11, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Waves Plugins, Melodyne, Kontakt, BLUE Kiwi and Neuman Mics & BLUE Robbie Pre; Martin D18, Martin OM25, Cordoba, & PRS CE24 Guitars.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

RobTalbert wrote:Instead, it was pilot error from the start.
Thanks for the update. I'll keep a lookout when I do the firmware update.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8