High Sierra, DP and UAD Pluggins

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
maqchang
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: High Sierra, DP and UAD Pluggins

Post by maqchang »

I followed the guide, it can't work. Then I follow the guide from MOTU to remove DP then reinstall, things are the same: can't open old file with UAD plugin. Even I initial a new file I can't insert a UAD plugin.

So my conclusion is, not resolved now.
IO

Post by IO »

Still nothing on this....?
3Ghz 8core Trash Can 64GB RAM OSX 10.13.2 | UAD Apollo 8 Quad | UAD Apollo Twin MKII Solo | DP 9.51 | ProTools 12.8.3 | Studio One 3 | Logic Pro X | DSP Quattro | Waves | UAD
TnMike

Post by TnMike »

I haven’t heard anything recently. I would like to upgrade to High Sierra (for security reasons), but don’t want to lose my UAD plugins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Pro Intel 2010, 16 gigs RAM, Apollo Quad, 2408 mkIII, Raven Mti2, UAD-2, MTPAV, Superior Drummer 3.0 drums, Ivory piano, B4 organ, PodProxt, Kemper, Ozone 9, Apogee Mini-Me, Roland R-8
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

maqchang wrote:I don't use any VST plugin in DP or LogicPro, can I delete the VST of VST3 folder in Library/Audio/plug-ins ?
In my MBP, these two folder take over 8GB space.
Make folders called VST Unused and VST3 Unused and put them in there temporarily. I've come across a few AU plugins that wouldn't work without the VST version installed. If that happens to you, you can put the necessary VSTs back in place. After you're sure everything is OK, you can just delete the contents of these new folders. While you're at it, have a look at the folders for AAX plugins -- these sometimes get installed by default and are a waste of space if you don't use them.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
slybass3000

Post by slybass3000 »

Man!!! Am I the only one that is getting sick with that DP ••••?

Every other softwares that I own work with 10.13.2 and my UAD plug-ins that are worth thousands of $$$ but not ••••ing DP !!! I'm sick of been left in the dirt here....

I better start digging' into Logic X right now...
iMac 27" i7 4.0, 3Te.32 G of Ram, Apollo Silver with TB expansion (coming up).
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

This is a test post... someone couldn't post into this thread.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

But apparently I can? :D

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Even I can.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Not me. :?:
slybass3000

Post by slybass3000 »

Here is the workaround I received from MOTU tech support and it worked:

Digital Performer and Universal Audio Workaround fix for UAD plug-ins on macOS High Sierra
1.) Run the UAD 9.4 installer. Restart the computer. If this is the first time running the UAD installer, make sure to enable the UAD driver in System Preferences, Security & Privacy.
2.) Open the Applications folder and drag the Digital Performer application to the trash. If you have multiple versions of DP, be sure to drag all versions to the trash.
3.) Hold the Option Key while clicking on the Finder's "GO" drop-down menu, select Library, then open the Preferences folder. Find the com.motu.MotuAudioSystem folder and drag it to the trash. Empty the trash.
4.) Download the DP 9.51 installer available at motu.com/downloads and run the installer.
5.) Find the VST folder (System HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/) and rename the folder to anything other than “VST” (for example, “VST_temp”).
Your Audio Unit UAD plug-ins will now be available in Digital Performer.
iMac 27" i7 4.0, 3Te.32 G of Ram, Apollo Silver with TB expansion (coming up).
dix

Post by dix »

If you have multiple versions of DP, be sure to drag all versions to the trash.
Hmm. And empty the trash? If the implication is that we can’t keep older versions, I would hope that this is only their temporary workaround. There’s a lot of reasons to keep older versions of DP around.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I'd expect you can reinstall older versions too.
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

I was just about to upgrade to High Sierra when I saw this. Guess I’ll hold off until there is a proper fix.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

dix wrote:
If you have multiple versions of DP, be sure to drag all versions to the trash.
Hmm. And empty the trash? If the implication is that we can’t keep older versions, I would hope that this is only their temporary workaround. There’s a lot of reasons to keep older versions of DP around.
I'm not on High Sierra so I have no idea how necessary that particular step is, but if you're concerned, simply archive the older DP apps (compress them so you have a .zip file) before deleting them. If you need to launch the older version for some reason, uncompress it.

Again, I don't know if deleting the older DP versions is necessary. I knew about the VST folder fix.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:I'd expect you can reinstall older versions too.
I'm not sure. Some might have an issue authorizing, however, I suppose if your drive was previously authorized that authorization will still be there?