Digital Performer 9 US version + German version

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rumo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Digital Performer 9 US version + German version

Post by rumo »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently testing the demo of DP9 and planning to purchase it. But I still have two questions:

1.) When buying the US or the German version, can I switch between both versions with the same key? So, when I'm buying a package of the German version, can I activate the demo of the US version and vice versa?

2.) This is rather a bug report: The newest version of the US version of Digital Performer 9 is 9.51 which is also the version of the demo on the MOTU site. But when downloading the German demo version from Klemm Musik it is version 9.13. When trying to check for an update, the update function of the German version returns an error (error contacting MOTU server) whereas the demo of US version says it's up to date.
I'm also curious why there is no language switcher like in Ableton Live and other DAWs but independent apps?

Thank you for your help,
Alex
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Digital Performer 9 US version + German version

Post by James Steele »

Keep in mind that this site is NOT run by MOTU. For the answers to some of those questions, you may need to contact MOTU support directly.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
rumo

Post by rumo »

Thank you, I will ask the MOTU und Klemm Support then!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

You can always download 9.51 and see if it works with your license.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Harry

Post by Harry »

You w'll get a new serial number. It will not work with your us-version.
OS 10.14.6, iMac i7.3,5 with 32 GB Ram, 828x, Miditimepiece AV, DP 10.00 (ger.)
MachFive 3, MSi, Ethno 1, Omnisphere 2, Sampletank 4, Forest Kingdom II, Desert Winds, EWQLSO-Silver, Real Guitar 2, VLP120, PLP120, VCP120, Liquid Saxophones, Elastic, The Resource, Wave Arts PowerSuite 4+5 and Master Restoration, Kontaktplayer, Absynth 5, Ni Action Strings etc.