The Robb Report Oct. '17

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Robb Scott
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

The Robb Report Oct. '17

Post by Robb Scott »

OK, most of you know the deal here: I keep a text file open while I work in DP, jotting down random thoughts and such. Every once so often, I deposit a load here. Go ahead, get THAT image outa your head. Apologies for errors in spelling, grammar, and/or logic....

DP 9.1, El Capitan, 2009 Mac Pro 8-Core.

-------------------

I just added some markers with “Record Hits” in the Marker window. I got ’em close to where I want ‘em, which is exatly on the nearest bar. What’s needed is a way to quantize markers, either after the fact or on input.

How come I can’t add comments to an entire track folder?

Expanding a bit on a recent track folder entry: I’m hitting a note on my controller. I’m hearing a sound, but I can’t tell which MIDI track is currently enabled to record. It’s in a track folder, but I got me a lot of folders and I don’t want to repeatedly open up all these folders to figure it out. How about some sort of indication that a closed folder contains a record enabled track?

How about a nice button right on the Tool window that would switch it easily from horizontal to vertical. Whatizzit, ctrl-option-Fn-shift, ummm, tilde or that other squiggly character? Just a button...

Upgrade to 9.5

Still unstable on my system.....but....

Fixed! Thanks to a sharp Motu TS guy (I shoulda written the name down - it was a late Septermber Friday, early afternoon). He alerted me to a known problem with the EastWest Play Engine crashing. The fix? Upgrade the damned Engine - it’s free, so the problem is, perhaps, not Motu, or EastWest, but the, ummm....user. That’d be, uhhh, me. Please hold your applause...

Somewhere, in the deep bowels of Mark Of The Unicorn World Headquarters, in once-hip-now-just-gawdawful-expensive Harvard Square, there’s a memo. On the memo it suggests that the world might become a more peaceful and verdant place, full of wonder and delight and the laughter of children, if only Performer allowed the user to re-assign Audio Track Bypass Automation with the Reassign Continuous Data function...

So I’m in the Tracks window, and I Select all tracks, in a short range...measures 11-14, say, specifically because I want a precise start point. Once I have it, I want an out point for the selection 25-30 measures dowmstream. Gotta zoom out for that, BUT, when I do that, my carefully-set in -point wanders about as if on a drunken meander (much like these Robb Report thingies). This can be annoying...

The app has been behaving itself quite admirably since my EastWest upgrade situation. Still a little early, and this current project is growing in size and scope, but so far this seems like the most stable DP release I’ve seen in some time. Thanks, Motu....!

Input Quantize: We (or at least I) don’t need to save settings for this,. but if it could rememember the settings it had when I last used it with a particular track...like, I return to my Drum MIDI track, and IQ remembers that it was previously set to Quarter Note, no swing, 88% Strength. Stuff like that....
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
The One True Robb
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+