Mas, 1 error Audio Unit Support

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mas, 1 error Audio Unit Support

Post by Julia123 »

I just downloaded the DP 9 Trial. It opened fine on it's own. When I attempt to open old projects from DP 8 I get this:

Digital Performer has encountered an error. Mas, 1 error reported by Mas Audio Unit Support. Failure: Base New 160-50 {-50}.

Has anyone seen this? This is a brand new iMac with OS 10.13 installed. All of my Plug-ins were fresh installs also. Thanks.
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mas, 1 error Audio Unit Support

Post by mikehalloran »

How did you bring your projects over to the new Mac? Did you use Migration Assistant, Time Machine or just copy them over.

If you copied them over, zip them on the other Mac first before doing so.

The only problem with DP 8 that I find in High Sierra is the same that 9 has — you need to re-enter the Authorizations after a reboot.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Julia123 »

I was just dragging the DP files from an external hard drive. I went back and did the zips on a few of them before transferring again, but still the same warning. It pops up exactly 2 times, then pauses, then 4 more times every time. After I click through the warnings, I have found that everything appears to be in order (except an error message about the file name not being legal when I try to save, if I rename them it is fine). The Mas,1 error is not happening on new files. Since it isn't hurting anything like it appeared it might, I will just keep moving forward. Thanks!
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Julia123 wrote:I was just dragging the DP files from an external hard drive. I went back and did the zips on a few of them before transferring again, but still the same warning. It pops up exactly 2 times, then pauses, then 4 more times every time. After I click through the warnings, I have found that everything appears to be in order (except an error message about the file name not being legal when I try to save, if I rename them it is fine). The Mas,1 error is not happening on new files. Since it isn't hurting anything like it appeared it might, I will just keep moving forward. Thanks!
Oh yea... this falls into the "if it works, it's good" category.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
gossamerjohn

Post by gossamerjohn »

I too just started getting this error. This is the first time I've seen it in nearly 20 years of (relatively) painless DP use.

I get it when trying to open an instance of any UA plug in.

This is in a brand new project created in DP 9.51 74138 operating on a 2017 MBP in High Sierra.

My other plugins seem to be working fine.

Any thoughts on this?

I am on a MBP 2017 2.9ghz OS 10.13.1 UAD Apollo Twin Quad DP 9.51
John
MacBook Pro 2.9GHz i7 2017 500GB SSD. 16 GB RAM DP 9.51 UA Apollo Twin Quad Thunderbolt
Houndman

Post by Houndman »

I have the same issue with UA plugins.
The work around at this point is to rescan plug-ins and then the UA plugs work.
I believe this is a UA issue as DP and High Sierra have been updated.
UA is not yet compatible with High Sierra.
sergiosacoto

Post by sergiosacoto »

Same issue here with UAD Plugins. I guess it wasn's the best idea to upgrade to High Sierra, things where working perfectly before!!!
kenedy

Post by kenedy »

I've never seen that before.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
gossamerjohn

Post by gossamerjohn »

I'm still getting this problem.

The first thing I tried, at the suggestion of DP tech support Brendan, was to trash the prefs files under Library>Preferences.

That worked once. I though the problem was solved.

However when I re-opened a session the plug ins do not work again. Same error message.

I tried trashing the prefs again and this time it does not work at all. The same error message.

This is specific to Digital Performer. My UA plugins work in every other host app/DAW I try them in.

I've even tried installing the newest version of UA, Ver. 9.4.0 which is compatible with HighSierra. But the UA plug ins still do not work.
John
MacBook Pro 2.9GHz i7 2017 500GB SSD. 16 GB RAM DP 9.51 UA Apollo Twin Quad Thunderbolt
NeilBlack

Post by NeilBlack »

Same problem here. No UAD plugins loading, just a bunch of MAS 1 error popups to wade through. Spoke with MOTU tech and it's a known issue. They're working on it with UA. Hopefully a fix will be available soon.
DP10.1 MacPro 5.1 Hex OSX 10.14.6 24GB Ram. UA Apollo. ProAc Studio 100's. Neumann KH120's Neumann 84's / AKG / Crowley & Tripp / NTK Jolly mod. Focusrite, TLA, GAP mic pre's. Maschine 2
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

NeilBlack wrote:Same problem here. No UAD plugins loading, just a bunch of MAS 1 error popups to wade through. Spoke with MOTU tech and it's a known issue. They're working on it with UA. Hopefully a fix will be available soon.
Same here. I was finally closing in on making my new SSD battle-ready. Everything working great now except for UAD plugs not loading. Arrgh. DP does recognize the Apollo for playback.

Glad to have found your posts so I don't try to perform a bunch of tasks that aren't going to work.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
Mikssa

Post by Mikssa »

This is a happy tour for me to read on your post, since we can catch several useful tips about how to fix the same issue in easy way.
totallypunk

Post by totallypunk »

seriously! I just upgraded to High Sierra and now UAD doesn't work with DP. What the hell !!!! Bad timing. Just fuels my paranoia of upgrading operating systems.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

totallypunk wrote:seriously! I just upgraded to High Sierra and now UAD doesn't work with DP. What the hell !!!! Bad timing. Just fuels my paranoia of upgrading operating systems.
There are many threads on this and over on the Facebook page. The workaround is to disable VSTs in DP Preferences. MOTU says the’re working on it ... or UAD is...
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Yes Mike that and precision limiter still has an issue but it can be resolved. That issue is, when projects come over to HS from previous ElCap the Precision limiter and possibly others will come up as an effect error. I'm getting it to work now by reinserting the limiter in another slot on my master fader. But I had to get out of 10.13.4 and revert to 10.13.3. If the (anywhere) does not appear on the .3 security pref page then you have to run this in terminal: sudo spctl --master-disable I would suggest not to run this as I think .3 already shows anywhere. I also had to use the .3 recovery console to get it back in the end of all the messing about.

So, all of my UAD is working but I don't have as many plugs as some do and don't know the extent of other plugs which may also be effected. I would suggest making a Motunation list of non working plugs here and OS version they are running on.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2