Using XLN Addictive Drums 2 with DP 9 ?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Gone To Lunch
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Using XLN Addictive Drums 2 with DP 9 ?

Post by Gone To Lunch »

I had the original XLN Addictive Drums which worked fine with DP 7.2.4 under OS X 10.5.8 on a PPC

Then I upgraded to DP 9.1.3 under OS X 10.11.6 on an intel mac, and the AD no longer works properly, specifically I cannot route the kit part audio outs separately, although the relevant busses show un in my DP menus. I am expecting XLD AD support to recommend upgrading to AD 2, but I notice DP is not 'officially' supported.

So are there any of you out there using AD2, in DP 9, including individual audio outs ? I like AD, and would be happy to upgrade, but obviously only if I can use it fully in my DP 9 ? If not, what would you recommend instead ?
http://gonetolunchmusic.com/
Current sex toys : DP 9.52, Mac Pro 5,1, 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon, 32GB RAM, OS X 10.13.6, Motu 828 Mk3 Firewire. Sounds by VSL, Mach Five 3, Addictive Drums 2, Native Instruments, Orange Tree, Bolder Sounds. Plug-ins by PSP, 2CAudio, Waves & Lexicon. Scores by Sibelius Ultimate 2019.5.
Gone To Lunch
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Using XLN Addictive Drums 2 with DP 9 ?

Post by Gone To Lunch »

Problem solved !

It was my mistake in DP - I was routing through an Audio channel went I should have used an aux channel. Once I fixed this, it worked.

I must have been thinking of the audio channel I was eventually going to record to, not sourcing the signal from the VI.
http://gonetolunchmusic.com/
Current sex toys : DP 9.52, Mac Pro 5,1, 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon, 32GB RAM, OS X 10.13.6, Motu 828 Mk3 Firewire. Sounds by VSL, Mach Five 3, Addictive Drums 2, Native Instruments, Orange Tree, Bolder Sounds. Plug-ins by PSP, 2CAudio, Waves & Lexicon. Scores by Sibelius Ultimate 2019.5.