Slate Trigger 2 audition samples glitch

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mmestek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Slate Trigger 2 audition samples glitch

Post by mmestek »

When using Steven Slate Trigger 2 (1.2.1) I cannot audition samples in the browser window. There is no sound or signal, but if I hit play and then stop, I can audition 5 or 6 samples, then no sound again. I can repeatedly hit play and stop to audition 5 or 6 samples. Otherwise, the plugin seems to be working fine. Any thoughts? Thank you.
DP 10.11
OSX 10.14.6
Mac mini (2018) 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB ram
Mac mini (Late 2012) 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB ram
Apogee Symphony I/O
David Polich

Re: Slate Trigger 2 audition samples glitch

Post by David Polich »

Do you have the very latest version of Slate Trigger?
I think there was an update that fixed this issue.

Also, try contacting Slate Tech Support:

http://www.slatedigital.com
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
mmestek

Post by mmestek »

Hi David, thank you for your suggestion. The problem has been solved and yes I do have the latest version of Trigger2 1.2.1. I had an online/phone support session with Paul at Slate and he determined that "Input Monitoring" needs to be enabled for the audition feature to work. I also found that the input to the track must be an actual input and not a bus. Also that the "Input Monitoring Mode" must be set to "Blend" in order to hear the track and audition samples. I'm very impressed with Slate's promptness and use of "Teamviewer" for support analysis. I love the Trigger 2 plugin and the samples.
DP 10.11
OSX 10.14.6
Mac mini (2018) 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB ram
Mac mini (Late 2012) 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB ram
Apogee Symphony I/O
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

mmestek wrote:Hi David, thank you for your suggestion. The problem has been solved and yes I do have the latest version of Trigger2 1.2.1. I had an online/phone support session with Paul at Slate and he determined that "Input Monitoring" needs to be enabled for the audition feature to work. I also found that the input to the track must be an actual input and not a bus. Also that the "Input Monitoring Mode" must be set to "Blend" in order to hear the track and audition samples. I'm very impressed with Slate's promptness and use of "Teamviewer" for support analysis. I love the Trigger 2 plugin and the samples.

Thats great news!
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com