DP > nanoKontrol a no go …

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Schweats
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP > nanoKontrol a no go …

Post by Schweats »

I currently have an Akai MPK 61 connected via USB, it also works via the MIDI jacks i/o as well. I've been trying to connect a Korg nanoKontrol controller ( it will only connect via USB) both the AKAI and the nanoKontrol are connected to a powered hub then to the computer. I have downloaded and installed the current Korg MIDI driver. I can not get the nanoKontrol to show up in my audio MIDI setup allowing me to attach a fader or button as a MIDI CC for any track in DP 7.24 or as an input to any of my VI(s) … I've changed usb cables. Anything come to mind… Many thanks in advance - Jim

( I'm expecting my DP 9.5 update any day BTW)
Schweats
MacPro 2.8/OS 10.10.1/6g ram/Powerbook G4/1g ram/10.4.11/828 mk3 hybrid/MTP AV usb/DP 7.23/Stylus RMX/Omnisphere/Trilian/Mach Five v2/RealGuitar/Korg Oasys/UAD2-Quad card & various plugs/Novation Zero SL mk2 controller/Akai MPK61
reedster

Re: DP > nanoKontrol a no go …

Post by reedster »

for testing try bypassing the hub

your Audio MIDI Setup / NanoKontrol will likely look something like this when it's working:

MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
Schweats

Post by Schweats »

Thanks mate, that was the problem. … and BTW, I use a Kensington Turbo mouse Pro and I had it connected to the hub also and every time I started it would never see the mouse until I unplugged it from the hub , then plugged it back in. Now I have the trackball plugged into the USB port on the Mac keyboard which in turn is plugged into the hub and it 'sees' the trackball every time… go figure
Schweats
MacPro 2.8/OS 10.10.1/6g ram/Powerbook G4/1g ram/10.4.11/828 mk3 hybrid/MTP AV usb/DP 7.23/Stylus RMX/Omnisphere/Trilian/Mach Five v2/RealGuitar/Korg Oasys/UAD2-Quad card & various plugs/Novation Zero SL mk2 controller/Akai MPK61
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Are you using a powered hub? If not, I'd get one. Eliminates a lot of common problems.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]