Mix mode makes the name of the insert settings disappear

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Mix mode makes the name of the insert settings disappear

Post by Tomas E »

Duplicating a mix, thus turning mix mode on, makes the names of the insert settings disappear. They don't come back if you switch mix mode off either so the only way to find out is to go through the whole list of insert settings. This has been confirmed by MOTU Tech Support as a bug. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.
Tomas E

Re: Mix mode makes the name of the insert settings disappear

Post by Tomas E »

This bug is still there. Isn't anyone but me bothered?
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Gravity Jim »

MOTU actually called this a "bug?"

I always thought this is just the way it works... a "mix" being a combination of levels, fader moves, panning, and effects sends and returns, I assumed that when you chose a new mix in Mix Mode, it got rid of everything on purpose. And I can't remember when the software didn't exhibit that behavior.

Not saying you're wrong, I'm just expressing surprise.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Tritonemusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Tritonemusic »

In DP7.24, Duplicating a mix retains all inserts. Creating a New Mix deletes all inserts.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
Tomas E

Post by Tomas E »

Gravity Jim wrote:MOTU actually called this a "bug?"

I always thought this is just the way it works... a "mix" being a combination of levels, fader moves, panning, and effects sends and returns, I assumed that when you chose a new mix in Mix Mode, it got rid of everything on purpose. And I can't remember when the software didn't exhibit that behavior.

Not saying you're wrong, I'm just expressing surprise.
Yes they did, at least the one who handled my Tech link.

Yes, when creating a new mix all inserts get blank and that's perfectly fine. But if you then turn mix mode off you won't get the name of your saved insert setting back at the top. You only get your A, B, C, D and so on settings back. They are correct. But which one of your (whole group of) saved insert settings is it? That you cannot tell without knowing the name by hart, especially if you have let's say about 20 names in your saved instert settings list.