9.5 Quickscribe bugs...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
greg328
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

9.5 Quickscribe bugs...

Post by greg328 »

Haven't yet seen a thread on this one. I'm in Quickscribe, creating music charts for church. When I added the crescendo symbol. It could not be edited for length from either side. In fact, it can't be deleted. Worse yet, it linked to a nearby dynamic marking and won't decouple.

Restarted DP a couple times, problem persists.

Anybody else experiencing this? Looks like a buggy release. Hopefully the MOTU guys are listening.
I would revert to 9.13 for this project but it's already saved as 9.5. Can I go back to v.6 and open that up in 9.13? Guess I'll try that..

Thanks,
Greg
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 9.5 Quickscribe bugs...

Post by stubbsonic »

Have you tried changing the zoom setting to give you "different" access to the grab handles?

I suspect functions like that aren't tested very carefully when they release a major version. They try to test all major functions, but can't catch stuff like this.

Report it to MOTU support, and see if they can replicate.

There was a Quickscribe bug where the note respeller would be intermittently unresponsive. I found a workaround which was to select and unselect the note in question. It persisted for a few versions, but it doesn't seem to happen anymore (in 8.07)

Good luck with this one.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com