Insert Settings Sorting Order?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
yamguitar
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Insert Settings Sorting Order?

Post by yamguitar »

I've noticed that editing the names of my saved insert settings sometimes gives unexpected results in terms of the order in which they're sorted and thus appear in the drop-down selection menu. They don't always seem to adhere to alphabetical order, nor are they consistently subject to Mac sorting protocol (putting a space before a name to put it at the top of the list, or an Ω to put it at the end). Does anyone have any insight or tips on this?
4 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac Retina 5K, 32GB RAM, OS 12.6.8MOTU M6DP 11.22, Reason 12.6.1, Dorico Elements 5.0.2
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Insert Settings Sorting Order?

Post by Tomas E »

The most secure way to make files appear in a specific order, regardless of alphabetical order, is to put 01, 02, 03 etc at the beginning of every name.

You could also make some insert settings, name them and rename them to figure out how it works. That's what I did since it was unclear to me too.