Little hiccup in DP 9.5 setting start and end times

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Little hiccup in DP 9.5 setting start and end times

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

First off, it's NOT a big deal, however... when the transport is running with a movie playing (hi=res MP4 from the client - silent) and even if there are no tracks yet, setting the start or end time of the transport (whether clicking in the transport window or using a key command) causes the film to pause for about 1/3 to 1/2 second and then immediately regains sync. I'm not seeing the same hiccup when I insert a marker (with a key command). It seems to be limited to setting the transport. I don't recall that happening in earlier versions.

It's more of a visual distraction than a bug (per se) when setting the start or end time, which admittedly one generally doesn't do that often with the transport running. I sometimes SAVE with the transport running. No apparent hiccup there either. I know, I'm a bad boy, but I've saved with the transport running for years and never had an issue.

Anyway, other than that, 9.5 is running strong on my machine. I scored a short (15) silent film today and all seems to be working just fine.

Thanks MOTU! :unicorn:

Looking forward to DP 10... :woohoo: :band:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Little hiccup in DP 9.5 setting start and end times

Post by HCMarkus »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Looking forward to DP 10... :woohoo: :band:
OMG. :lol: