Nanotkontrol2 for Digital Performer in CC mode

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
holing00
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Nanotkontrol2 for Digital Performer in CC mode

Post by holing00 »

I just got my new nanokontrol2 and I'm trying to configure it to work for Digital Performer but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work in CC mode. Here are the steps that I followed, please correct me if I'm wrong:

(Audio MIDI set up and surface control in DP are all set up)

1. press down "cycle" and "set" while plugging the USB into the computer

2. change the CC number using the Korg Kontrol Editor software

3. communication => write scene data

Are these steps correct?

Another thing: is it possible to get CC mode and the transport to work simultaneously?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)
reedster

Re: Nanotkontrol2 for Digital Performer in CC mode

Post by reedster »

Steps for CC use appear correct. Use MIDI Monitor from www.snoize.con to check what Nano is sending

Yes, CC mode may be used for transport control. Don't believe you'll use Surface Control while using CC mode for transport - pick one method.
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
tommymandel

Re: Nanotkontrol2 for Digital Performer in CC mode

Post by tommymandel »

Is the iOS app, DP Control working for anybody any more? Is there another iOS app than can work in the same capacity as DP Control used to? We would like a way to punch in and out of Record, and maybe locate, from across the room at the B3. (Would a 2nd, bluetooth, keyboard work, along with a wired one, for this purpose, and others?)
Thanks, sorry this is slightly OT.
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"