tracks disappeared in tracks window

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
timsmolens
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

tracks disappeared in tracks window

Post by timsmolens »

Hello,

All my tracks suddenly disappeared from my tracks overview window including the conductor track. I can still view them in the sequence editor and I hear them when they are playing but I have no idea what caused this. I also can't see new tracks if I try to add them in the tracks overview. Any ideas?
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: tracks disappeared in tracks window

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

It's likely the track selector having them deselected. If not, check the view filter.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
timsmolens

Post by timsmolens »

I checked all of those and I am tending think it is some kind of glitch in this version
Kurt Cowling

Post by Kurt Cowling »

Is it possible you have more than one chunk in the file and the one showing in the TO is not the currently active chunk? I used to do this accidentally in the Sequence window. I think there's a pop up in the upper right of the TO to select chunks.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

Just in case, I generally deselect all before loading a different chunk (Cmd+D).
When I don't, sometimes it brings doubt or confusion.

BTW, the (great) view filter is responsible of very common mistakes, too.
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...