Unable to perform multiple tracks assignment

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jsmusic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Unable to perform multiple tracks assignment

Post by jsmusic »

I've been experiencing problems assignment in/out puts to multiple tracks after reinstalling DP on my new Macbook, updated to the latest version of DP 9. In the past I was able to used Option+A to assign but now the button "OK" on the bottom is greyed out when I try to change output for multiple tracks or even one single track. I wonder if anyone is experiencing this problem too?

I note that this happens on both my new laptop and also my desktop version on Mac mini after I upgraded to the latest version. Any one who could help advise?
tommymandel
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Unable to perform multiple tracks assignment

Post by tommymandel »

Sometimes after a change of hardware, software, or :?: the moon :!: input names get changed. Check to see if that happened and the inputs are not the ones DP or Bundles thinks they are.
(That's probably not it, but when I experience that on my rig, that's usually the cause here. 8)
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
jsmusic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by jsmusic »

Thanks for your kind reply, shall check out as per what you suggested and see if that's the cause. :)
TinenTech
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by TinenTech »

I'm still on DP 9.02, but Option-A seems to be working fine on my MBP.

What do you see when you click on the pull-down menu to assign inputs and/or outputs?

Are you clicking on "Assign all selected tracks to this input (output)" or "Assign to consecutive inputs (outputs)"?
MacBook Pro 9,1 (mid-2012 Core i7 2.3 GHz 4 GB RAM), OSX 10.11.3, Newertech Voyager SATA drive dock
MOTU: DP 9.02, Traveler Mk 1, 896 MkIII Hybrid, MIDI Express XT
Alesis AI3 optical interface, QS8, QS7, DM Pro, DM5, QSR
Mackie Controller and Extender (original MIDI)
Pro Tools 12