Mackie MCU Pro duplicating Master Fader Track

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
didger
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Mackie MCU Pro duplicating Master Fader Track

Post by didger »

I've been happily using a Mackie MCU Pro & XT Pro for a while now with DP8. I just upgraded to DP9 and have a new little added irritation.

Before, when I added a Master Fader track in DP, the Mackie responded correctly by activating its Master section. Yay. Now, when I add the Master Fader track, the Mackie's Master section activates, but it also assigns one of the normal channel strips to the Master Fader track. Both faders work and mirror each other. It's a bit irritating to lose a precious channel strip on the Mackie with a double of the Master.

Any ideas to fix this?

All firmware and software is up to date, and I'm on Mac OSX 10.11.6.
Timeline

Re: Mackie MCU Pro duplicating Master Fader Track

Post by Timeline »

I think I noticed that as well. You should report that in tech links to Dave and tell him Gary Brandt at Earth Island records also had this issue.

Thanks.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
didger

Post by didger »

Timeline wrote:I think I noticed that as well. You should report that in tech links to Dave and tell him Gary Brandt at Earth Island records also had this issue.
Thanks for responding and letting me know. I did report it and heard back from Brendan that this is the first he's heard of this issue, so I was glad to just add your comment to the report.
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Its possible they haven't visited the Mackie software in a while. I have the original controller. I'm thinking they need to add for the legacy units in the setups as well.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

If I'm not mistaken, it's always been like that? To accommodate the fact that you ca have than one master fader in one chunk.
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

I clearly remember bringing up 8 tracks on the MCU and switching banks. This cannot be so.
danatkorg
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by danatkorg »

As far as I can remember, it's always been this way. If you have a multiple-output interface, you can instantiate Master Fader tracks for each output - there isn't necessarily only one Master Fader.