SMPTE-Z issues.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mwand
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

SMPTE-Z issues.

Post by mwand »

Hi everyone,

While I'm EXTREMELY grateful for the addition of SMPTE-Z to 9.1x, I'm finding some issues in using it. Two in particular. First, there is no way to set a freewheel frame length. Even the slightest blip in TC output stops my machine sync. This baffles me as freewheel length is one of the most basic parameters of TC generation. Second, the plugin does not output TC unless it's tied to a position in an ACTIVE timeline. In other words, if your chunk is set to start at 1.00.00.00 and you enter a negative value to create some pre-roll and lock up other machines before bar 1/beat 1, the plug does not output until it hits bar 1/beat 1. The only workaround is to add blank/negative bars at the beginning of the sequence so something corresponds in the timeline. This is a fundamental workflow problem as "RTZ" puts you before measure 1 in this case and sending out cues for orchestration with extra bars at the head is a big no-no.

Has anybody out there come up with solutions to these two issues or am I missing something in my setup?

Thanks,
M
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: SMPTE-Z issues.

Post by James Steele »

This belongs in the Troubleshooting/Criticism forum. Moved.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!