Inactivaty and upgrades

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
zoot
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Inactivaty and upgrades

Post by zoot »

I was up to D P 4.1.6 and needed a new computer. I got a MacBook pro Yosemite and my 896s need a lot of coaxing and still don't behave. Do I need drivers or something ? Or is it just rust. I forget to mention that I upgraded to DP9.
T I A. Zoot
zoot
mikehalloran

Re: Inactivaty and upgrades

Post by mikehalloran »

You will need the Apple Thunderbolt to FW adapter, a FW800 to FW400 cable. If you have TB3/USB C, you will need an adapter from that to Thunderbolt.

You need to download the latest Audio drivers from MOTU.com.

I like searchable .pdf manuals:
http://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/firewi ... al_Mac.pdf
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
zoot

Post by zoot »

Up and running but for 2 things. 1 both 896s need some work. Not really new but this would be a good time to get fixed? Any recommendations? I have gone over the book, in fact a few vintages of the book and still can't get what I want out of MIDI. Before I upgraded I used Sample Tank 2 for v i. Had to have one of my kids set up a few tracks to work with. There is something about MIDI that I just can't get. Well the new stuff doesn't support Sample Tank and now i have a mox 8 that one kid got me going on during a rare visit home. Sounds great out of the mox8 but I want to hear the instruments from audio tracks ( unless I'm wrong about that too). Can I get clear directions how to hook each one up. I want piano , bass, drums tpt, bone, french horn, cello, and the ability to add some things some day. I figure if I had a simple road map for one it shouldn't be that hard to do the others. I want to hear the instruments during the recordings and playback, and in the mix. So i have Mox8 into Macbook Pro with dp9.5 and 896. HELP!
zoot
Kellog

Post by Kellog »

Hi. regarding Sampletank not being supported for you now, I run Sampletank 2.5 but it needs 32 Lives to convert it's 32bit format into workability in the 64bit environment. But it runs. And the ST 2.5 GUI has a weird 'leaving behind of trails' when you drag it around- which I was told is normal with 32 Lives running. Not sure it it'll help if you aren't at 2.5 though.
Mac mini (2018) 3.2 Ghz 6 Core Intel Core i7 w/64 GB ram, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, DP 10.13, UAD Apollo Quad, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Keys, EZ Bass, EZ Mix 2, Stylus RMX 1.7f, Avid Eleven Rack.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Was 2.5 a paid upgrade from 2? It’s been a few years so I really can’t remember.

The latest version of 32Lives is supposed to work in OS 10.13. My copy does on many libraries including the old mda freeware AUs. There are some that won’t so YMMV. $99

Upgrades from SampleTank 2 are priced all over the place so shop around. The best I found in a quick search is at AudioDeluxe.com. After you create an account, you can apply a discount code, FEB2016. Look for the two marked Upgrade For All Promo. SampleTank 3 is $177 and SampleTank Max is $266. You can check out the included libraries at the IK web site.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ca ... C=software

If you’re not in a hurry, IK Multimedia has sales, usually before Christmas. Meanwhile, if you have a number of 32bit only plugins and VIs, the $99 for 32Lives might be the way to go till then.

https://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives/
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Kellog

Post by Kellog »

"Was 2.5 a paid upgrade from 2? It’s been a few years so I really can’t remember."

I believe I purchased 2.5 real cheap, no brainer kind of thing, so it wasn't an upgrade for me.
Mac mini (2018) 3.2 Ghz 6 Core Intel Core i7 w/64 GB ram, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, DP 10.13, UAD Apollo Quad, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Keys, EZ Bass, EZ Mix 2, Stylus RMX 1.7f, Avid Eleven Rack.