VEPro 6 makes DP sluggish

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
hangyear
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

VEPro 6 makes DP sluggish

Post by hangyear »

I am using VEP6 pro with macbook pro and mac mini via lan. With slave computer connected, my DP is so sluggish and sounds from the slave computer keeps stutter. When I scroll the mouse I get a instant pause and lost my mouse pointer at sequence window.
When I use VEPro on a same machine I have no problem at all. The weird thing is that I get even lower CPU meter with one machine....
I even tried install DP on mac mini and use my old mac pro for the slave. But still have the same problem.

I have re-installed DP and VEP so many times but still no luck.

Could be the router that makes problem?

Sorry about my lame English...

Wait for you guys help!!

Thanks!!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: VEPro 6 makes DP sluggish

Post by mikehalloran »

What model and year Mini? Which CPU and OS? Mechanical drive, hybrid or SSD? How much RAM?

Tell us more about your MacBook Pro.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro