Audible Hi-Freq Crack in FET-76

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Asensory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audible Hi-Freq Crack in FET-76

Post by Asensory »

Greetings,

I am noticing an issue in FET-76, when the plugin first activates, i.e., when audio first begins after a period of inactivity in the track. There is an audible very high-pitched crack, snap, click <place onomatopoeia here> Which immediately precedes the body of the signal. It also pegs the VU on that channel. I tried altering the Attack setting but this doesn't seem to change it. Here are the settings I was using the last time I observed the issue:

Input ~ -8
Attack 3
Release 4
Output 24

I suppose I should go on Youtube and see if there are any tutorials on FET-76, but I thought maybe its user error and someone here has had the same issue.

Thanks.
Asensory

Re: Audible Hi-Freq Crack in FET-76

Post by Asensory »

Anyone? I thought for sure someone would've experienced this before me.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I haven't experienced this, but I have a wild guess. Try placing a short, rapid fade-up at the beginning of the audio causing the click, and see if it stops.

I'm guessing that the noise floor of the track, when edited, leaves just enough input (not starting at the zero crossing) that the track "pops," which becomes more obvious with a dynamics plug in on the track.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Asensory

Post by Asensory »

Sorry for the delayed reply, I haven't had a chance to go try that out, but it makes sense. I will give it a go as soon as I can.

thanks.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Well?

Did you ever check this out?
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]