How set a different output for the solo mode?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
soyniqolas
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How set a different output for the solo mode?

Post by soyniqolas »

Hi everyone,
I'm using Digital Performer to make live mixing of 32 mono channels with the Firestudio Lightpipe 32x32 FireWire. The interface has 2 outputs: main output and phones output.

I'm able to make the mixing with DP but I have a problem. When I put a channel in SOLO MODE in the main output only sounds the soloed channel, and not the entire mix. I need to know that if it's possible to configure Main Output as Main Output and the Phones to listen the Main Output or soloed channel if there is a channel soloed. Is like "select an output to the solo mode" (similar workflow to a physical mixing console).

In Universal Control of the Firestudio I can select, for example, that Daw 1-2 goes trought the Main Output and Daw 3-4 via the Phones, but I can't configurate the DP to send solo mode vía the daw 3-4.

Can you help me with that?
Thanks !
magicd
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: How set a different output for the solo mode?

Post by magicd »

Solo output is the top most output bundle in the Bundles window (Studio menu). You can drag bundles up or down in the list. Drag the output bundle for the Phones output to the top of the list and that will be the solo destination.

Dave