VI Volume to zero

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Kuyum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VI Volume to zero

Post by Kuyum »

When I rewind to start or rewind to the start of a memory cycle, all of my VI volumes set to zero upon playback or recording.

I have a soft synth VI with MIDI recorded. I have Mach Five 3 with MIDI recorded. MIDI monitor shows signal from key touch. Meters show active, playing MIDI data. All appears to function properly except the main volume for each VI has been zeroed out.

I'm using an M-Audio CTRL 49

Any help at all would be grand.
magicd

Re: VI Volume to zero

Post by magicd »

I think we spoke on the phone about this today? For anybody else reading this was a question of Event Chasing being enabled for CC#7 (volume) and CC#10 (pan).

Usually when I see this symptom it's because the DP MIDI track fader is all the way up and the VI volumes jump to max. In this case the MIDI track fader was all the way down, so the VI volumes jumped to all the way off when pressing play.

Dave
Kuyum

Re: VI Volume to zero

Post by Kuyum »

Yup :)

And though we've solved the playback and recording issues so far, I'm still being inundated with (apparently) that same controller data in the events window.