VEPro 6 & MIDI Hiccups

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
JDeran2020
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VEPro 6 & MIDI Hiccups

Post by JDeran2020 »

Having quite the MIDI issue that I've been trying to fix the last few days..asking the masses for assistance.

My issue is kind of complicated, but to put it simply, my MIDI is crapping out.
In more technical terms, I'll open a session, it's not a large session, only a few tracks. (And the ones not bring used are disabled) I'll press play, and a few notes will play, but then it sound stops (transport still rolling). Occasionally an instrument will start again, but that's not consistent as to which instrument it is or when. If a different track is record enabled while playback is going, that instrument along with a few others will come through momentarily, then stop again.
There is MIDI information still passing into VEPro, but it's intermittent as to what comes back. Often this will cause crashes in either VEPro or DP. I'm still fixated on the problem being the communication between the two.

Have attempted increasing buffer size, Work Priorities, Attempted smaller sessions (The only one that worked seamlessly had two tracks), Reconnected Instruments, Recreated and Rerouted Instruments, Multiple Interfaces, Multiple Sample Hard Drives..etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Specs:
VEPro 6.0 (running locally on host system)
DP 9.02
32gb 2013 Mac Pro (Trashcan)
OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)