Custom track layouts not working in duplicate sequences

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
DaveB
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Custom track layouts not working in duplicate sequences

Post by DaveB »

Maybe I'm missing something here. I use the Metagrid app to send 'MIDI events' to DP. My template has a number of custom track layouts/views saved i.e. strings, brass, perc etc and each one as a different 'MIDI event' triggering it i.e. strings = cc50, brass = cc51 etc. When I duplicate a sequence (1m1) to create a '1m2' sequence, then I enable that sequence, none of my track layouts will be triggered using the same 'MIDI events'. I can see in the command window that there are now duplicates of each track layout, i.e. strings (1m1), strings (1m2), and each one is triggered by the same MIDI event, but when working in any duplicate sequences nothing is triggered. The original 1m1 sequence is the only sequence that works as normal. DP doesn't seem to mind if I use key commands to trigger each track layout, even when they are duplicated for each new sequence. Surely you don't need to change every MIDI event trigger for each new sequence? I'd rather not have to use key commands either as most of them are already being used elsewhere.
8-core MacPro 4,1, 32 gb RAM, OS X 10.9.2, MOTU 8 Pre, DP 8.06, VePro 5
rickindies

Re: Custom track layouts not working in duplicate sequences

Post by rickindies »

Hi Dave,
Do you ever find a solution for this issue? I'm starting to use Metagrid for my large orchestral templates. And it bothers me that the track layout feature basically only work for 1 session in 1 seq (chunk) only.

You can't even save your session as template and later open the template with the custom track layout attach to it. The custom layout will only work forb1 session & 1 chunk only as far as I know right now.
DaveB

Re: Custom track layouts not working in duplicate sequences

Post by DaveB »

No solution here. I wrote to MOTU about it and they said it would be something they would address in coming updates.
8-core MacPro 4,1, 32 gb RAM, OS X 10.9.2, MOTU 8 Pre, DP 8.06, VePro 5