Things disappearing from DP GUI

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
LittleJJ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Things disappearing from DP GUI

Post by LittleJJ »

A couple days ago the (processor/playback) Performance meters disappeared from my GUI of DP 9.1.
There is nowhere I can find an option for showing/hiding them. Previously, some of the options that used to pop up when exporting files moved To the left little by little each time I opened that page, until they disappeared. What on earth is happening? I am running the latest DP on a Mac 5.1 with 64 GB ram and 10.10.x (the last iteration of Yosemite).
Has anyone else ever watched their GUI morph and deteriorate over time?
2023 M1 Ultra (yay!)
Apollo interface
A few thousand plugs
A half million guitars and 10 million stompboxes
Tubes
Electricity
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Things disappearing from DP GUI

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Can't explain why it happened, but the GUI is NOT deteriorating. That's a pretty big assumption!

The preference changed. I'm going with user error...

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Is your monitor deteriorating? Has the resolution been changed? Are you using consolidated windows?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

I agree, it's impossible for the GUI to "deteriorate". It is entirely possible, however, to
inadvertently change a preference without really realizing it. Which is what is going on here.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com