Stop all soundings doesn't send note off to ALL ports

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Stop all soundings doesn't send note off to ALL ports

Post by rockman413 »

I use a MIDI Monitor called snoize to monitor the MIDI behaviors and here what I find:

1. When I press stop but hear a hanging sound , it's because DP is not sending a note off MIDI , however, if I wait for like 10 or even 30 seconds, DP will send that note off MIDI and solve the problem , what may cause this lag? Sometimes it's even more than 30 seconds like forever

2. When I meet the hanging sound and press the stop all sounding in DP, yes DP does send note off, BUT it's not to all the ports/channels, for example I'm hearing a hanging sound in midioverlan port 35, when I press the stop all sounding shortcut, DP sends out note off signal to port 61-68,71-78, but not port 35, THAT's WHY THE SOUND IS HANGING !!!
Anyone meeting the same problem?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Stop all soundings doesn't send note off to ALL ports

Post by rockman413 »

rockman413 wrote:I use a MIDI Monitor called snoize to monitor the MIDI behaviors and here what I find:

1. When I press stop but hear a hanging sound , it's because DP is not sending a note off MIDI , however, if I wait for like 10 or even 30 seconds, DP will send that note off MIDI and solve the problem , what may cause this lag? Sometimes it's even more than 30 seconds like forever

2. When I meet the hanging sound and press the stop all sounding in DP, yes DP does send note off, BUT it's not to all the ports/channels, for example I'm hearing a hanging sound in midioverlan port 35, when I press the stop all sounding shortcut, DP sends out note off signal to port 61-68,71-78, but not port 35, THAT's WHY THE SOUND IS HANGING !!!
Anyone meeting the same problem?
Anyone has any idea?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD