Importing Pro Tools session

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Importing Pro Tools session

Post by waterstrum »

Checking in about the viability of importing a Pro Tools session into DP.
I'm wondering what the current state of the art is for this kind of transfer.

I've been asked to mix some tracks that were recorded in PT.
Pretty complex with lots of tracks... audio and MIDI.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
All is well
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Importing Pro Tools session

Post by buzzsmith »

I do some of this from time to time and the easiest way for me is to ask the source engineer to consolidate all of the audio files so that they all begin at the same time. In other words, any punch-Ins on a track are all merged into one single file.

I also like no processing on the audio like EQ or compression, etc.

I haven't done much with long distance MIDI, but I'm gonna assume that they could send you the MIDI file and you could start the project with that (to get tempos, etc.) and then import the merged/consolidated audio.

A starting point...

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

apanacci
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Importing Pro Tools session

Post by apanacci »

I usually in PT save as an OMF then open in DP. I then import the MIDI file into the session. The only thing for me is OMF is a crap shoot in DP so I open it in AudioDesk then save as an DP file.
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com